Butter Kiss Cookies
You've seen this recipe before... but probably didn't trust it.
It just looks too simple and too quick to be true.
These are really good! They mix up in just a few minutes.
You can even bake them plain or put alternate toppings such as
sprinkles, chocolate chips, or pieces of candy or cut up candy bars.
And the recipe is correct... there is NO flour .... just 5 ingredients.
1 cup peanut butter, creamy or crunchy
1 cup sugar
1 tsp baking soda
24 - 30 Hershey's Chocolate Kisses (to be put on the cookies after
they are baked)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Very lightly spray or grease
a cooking sheet.
2. Cream the peanut butter and sugar.
3. Add the egg and baking soda. (Sprinkle the soda around on
the dough instead of adding it in a pile, to be sure that it mixes
evenly.) Mix well.
4. Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and place 1 - 2 inches apart
on the cooking sheet. Flatten with a fork in a criss cross
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 - 11 minutes. The cookies will
be very tender when removed from the oven.
6. Immediately place a Hershey's Kiss on each cookie.
7. Allow the cookies to cool 2 -3 more minutes before removing
from cookie sheet. They should still be warm, but cooled enough to
be firm and not crumble as you move them.
8. The chocolate will soften but retain it's shape. Allow to
cool for about an hour for the chocolate to harden again. (This
one makes me smile... my boys love the soft chocolate and usually there
are only a few cookies left by the time the chocolate kisses have
Makes about 24 cookies.
Nutrition information per cookie:
Calories 125, Carbohydrates 13 gm, Fat 7 gm, Cholesterol 11 mg, Protein
3 gm, Sodium 109 mg, Fiber 0 gm
Take a look at Simple Life Corp's cookbooks
Clever and Delicious Cooking
what you have on hand!
A cookbook filled with a variety of recipes that will help you create
great family dinners and save money, too! Save the price of the
cookbook or your money back.
goodness and taste, baked with love in your kitchen
Cakes, cookies and
desserts that start from an ordinary cake mix and end with extraordinary