I listen to these and like them not only because they are powerful and relevant but because I can play my own music while I listen.
Do what you love
Enjoy all of your life
Clear the clutter
Cook delicious meals
Enrich family life
Learn to love
and be loved
Live abundantly on your income
Find useful simple living tips
These are daily quotes from the Simple Life Quote on the SimpleLifeCorp.com home page.
Simple living quotes can inspire, amuse, startle, and most of all, cause you to pause and think deeply.
May this list of quotes help you on your journey to a simple, joyful, loving, and deeply meaningful life.
With love and peace,
1. "You need not leave your room. Remain sitting at your table and listen. You need not even listen, simply wait, just learn to become quiet, and still, and solitary. The world will freely offer itself to you to be unmasked. It has no choice; it will roll in ecstasy at your feet."
2. "Authenticity pushes us past our comfort zone - it's meant to."
- Sarah Ban Breathnach
3. "Put one foot in front of the other and just try not to get somewhere."
- Pasha Veres
4. "I dote on myself. There is a lot of me and all so luscious."
- Walt Whitman
5. "A good scare is worth more than good advice."
- Edgar Watson Howe
6. "Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature. Nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is not safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all."
- Helen Keller
7." Be the change you want to see in the world."
8. "It's what you learn after you know it all that counts."
- John Wooden
9. "Nothing is so exhausting as indecision, and nothing is so futile."
- Bertrand Russell, British Philosopher & Mathematician
10. "Men stumble over the truth from time to time, but most pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing happened."
- Winston Churchill
11. "You cannot feel badly enough to change the past."
12. "You must do the thing you think you cannot do."
13. "As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live."
14. "Things are beautiful if you love them."
- Jean Anouilh
15. "To open the possibility for self-honesty, you have to develop insight, which can be achieved through meditation, therapy, other sorts of sensitivity training, and simply spending periods of time alone to find out who you really are, what you really believe, and what you really, really want."
- Stephen Russell
The Barefoot Doctor
16. "Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying... 'I will try again tomorrow.'"
- Mary Ann Radmacher
17. "Guilt is a totally useless emotion. It never makes anyone feel better nor does it change a situation."
18. "In my experience, anything that catches our interest is part of our life purpose, or we wouldn"t be paying attention to it."
- Carol Adrianne, author of Find Your Purpose, Change Your Life
19. "You were once wild here. Don't let them tame you."
20. "If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, "Thank you," that would suffice.
- Meister Eckhart
21. "It is inevitable when one has a great need of something, one finds it."
- Gertrude Stein
22. "Fear keeps people small. Run toward your fears . Embrace them. On the other side of your greatest fears lives your greatest life."
23. "Being free from ego is beautiful. In this state, you can see that your ego served no purpose other than to keep you angry, proud, and separate."
24. "The wound is the place where the light enters you."
25. "You are a child of the Universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should."
26. "If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one."
27. "Simplify the complex as much as possible, and you'll be fine."
28. "Eliminate physical clutter. More importantly, eliminate spiritual clutter."
29. "If we only knew how many times our seemingly clever comment cut straight into the heart of the person with whom we have just spoken, it is we who would bleed."
30. "If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear."
31. “Beauty of style and harmony and grace and good rhythm depend on simplicity.”
32. “I dwell in possibility.”
33. "A little simplicity would be the first step toward rational living, I think."
- Eleanor Roosevelt
34. “We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do.”
35. “How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment to start improving the world.”
36.“Graveyards are filled with books that were never written, songs
that were never sung, words that were never spoken, things that were never done.”
-Mark Victor Hansen
37. "In fact, it's even true to say that if you want to have a truly amazing life, relax your entire body."
38. “It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer.”
39. “The genius does not differ from others in their access to the light within, only in their confident acceptance of its natural outstreaming.”
40. “If your day is full of little mean, dark thoughts, is it any wonder you feel crabby? Maybe it's because you let your mind run wild like a dog putting its nose into garbage everywhere.”
41. "Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway."
- John Wayne
42. “Flops are part of life's menu and I'm never a girl to miss out on a course!”
43. “When you wonder what is coming, tell yourself the best is coming, the very best life and love have to offer, the best God and His universe have to send. Then open your hands to receive it. It's yours.”
44. "The naked truth is always better than the best-dressed lie."
- Ann Landers
45. “Maintaining a complicated life is a great way to avoid changing it.”
-Elaine St. James
46. "Peace is your natural state of being when you are not caught in the emotional milieu of everyday conditional feelings."
-Dr. Frank J. Kinslow
47. "The more tranquil we become, the greater is our success, our influence, our power for good."
author - As A Man Thinketh
48. "The only way to peace is forgiveness."
- Pope John Paul II
49."The most wasted of all days is one without laughter."
- e.e. cummings
50. "The simplest things are often the truest."
- Richard Bach
51. "The sound of silence is a beautiful thing."
-Jeffrey A Wands, from his book Knock and the Door Will Open
52. "Try laughing in the face of fear. Am I kidding? No. Ridiculing your fears is actually a very effective technique for banishing them."
--Valerie Young, author How to Safely and Quickly Change Careers
53. "If I'd gotten the job I wanted at Montgomery Ward, I suppose I would never have left Illinois."
54. "Happiness comes in the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed."
55. "Concentrate on where you want to go, not on what you fear."
56. "Character - the willingness to accept responsibility for one's own life - is the source from which self-respect springs."
57. "The most exhausting thing in my life is being insincere."
-Anne Morrow Lindbergh
58. "All you who seek the way, please, do not waste this moment now."
59. "Mediocrity is self-inflicted and genius is self-bestowed."
60. "When the Japanese mend broken objects, they aggrandize the damage by filling the cracks with gold. They believe that when something's suffered damage and has a history it becomes more beautiful."
61. "I can't do anything about the thoughts that come into my head, but I can do something about the ones that stay there!."
--Penney Pierce , The Intuitive Way
62."Believe it is possible to solve your problem. Tremendous things happen to the believer. So believe the answer will come. It will."
-Norman Vincent Peale
63. "Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that's the stuff life is made of."
- Benjamin Franklin
64. "It's all right letting yourself go, as long as you can get yourself back."
- Mick Jagger
65. "The biggest human temptation is to settle for too little."
66. "To poke a wood fire is more solid enjoyment than almost anything else in the
- Charles Dudley Warne
67. "If we are in a supermarket when someone drops a bag of groceries on the floor and we don't help that person pick things up, what difference does it make how deeply we know we're a being of God?."
- Lee Lozowick
68. "If what you want to do doesn't make you shake in your boots, your dream is not big enough."
- Brother Ishmael Tetteh
69. "The most wasted of all days is one without laughter."
- e.e. cummings
70."There is more hunger for love and appreciation in this world than for bread."
- Mother Teresa
71. "I want to know if you can live with failure, yours and mine, and still stand on the edge of the lake and shout to the silver of the full moon, "Yes!"
~Oriah Mountain Dreamer
72. "You're off to great places, today is the day. Your mountain is waiting, so get on your way!"
73. "It's not because things are difficult that we do not dare; it is because we do not dare that things are difficult."
74. "Oh, Great Spirit, Teach me to think quietly, to speak gently and to hear thy voice in the whipsering breeze, the song of birds, and in the murmuring brook."
~Cherokee Indian Prayer
75. "There are years that ask questions and years that answer."
~Zora Heale Hurston
76. "The moment one gives close attention to anything, even a blade of grass, it becomes a mysterious, awesome, indescribably magnificent world in itself."
77. "It is very hard to be simple enough to be good."
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
78. "If you do not change your direction, you are liable to wind up where you are headed."
79. "There comes a day when you realize turning the page is the best feeling in the world, because you realize there is so much more to the book than the page you were stuck on."
80. "Don't apologize for asking for what you deserve."
81. "The creative process is a process of surrender, not control."
82. "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage- to move in the opposite direction."
83. "Great leaders are almost always great simplifiers."
~Gen. Colin Powell
84. "Don't ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
85. "I love the smell of the universe in the morning."
~Neil deGrasse Tyson
86. "If I keep a green bough in my heart, the singing bird will come."
87. "To age more slowly, choose not to lose muscle. The loss of lean muscle has been linked to a shortened life span and 'smaller living' while you are still alive."
88." Isn't it funny how
Day by day
But when you
89. "What's terrible is to pretend that the second-rate is first-rate. To pretend that you don't need love when you do; or you like your work when you know quite well you're capable of better."
~ Doris Lassing
90."Life was meant to be happy."
~ Neal Donald Walsch
91. "The smallest good deed is better than the grandest good intention."
92. "The breeze at dawn has secrets to tell you.
Don't go back to sleep.
You must ask for what you really want.
Don't go back to sleep."
93. "Being honest may not get you a lot of friends but it'll always get you the right ones."
94. "..Whoever dewlls on beauty tends to become beautiful; there will be a grace and charm to expressing itself through that person which no one can fail to recognize and appreciate."
95. "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom."
96. "To one who waits, all things reveal themselves, as long as you have the courage not to deny in the darkness what you have seen in the light."
97. "Anything pursued and attained as a supposed compensation for the lack of self-love is ineffective and can get downright ugly."
~Rev. Dr. Jesse Jennings
98. "Do not compare, do not measure. No other way is like yours. All other ways deceive and tempt you. You must fulfill the way that is in you."
99. "To make a prairie it takes a clover, and one bee...
one clover, and a bee.
And revery. The revery alone will do,
If bees are few."
100. "When everything goes against you, and it seems you cannot hold on for a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the time and place that the tide will turn."
~Harriet Beecher Stowe
101. "Must it be?
It must be!
It must be!"
~Ludwig van Beethovan
102. "If you can't be grateful for what you have received, then be thankful for what you have been spared."
103. "What would your life be like if you loved yourself so deeply that the world had no choice but to love you back?"
104. "When you come out of the storm, you won't be the same person that walked in. That's what the storm is all about."
105."Dysfunctional systems will fall under their own weight. Let them."
106. "How can you follow the course of your life if you do not let it flow?."
107. "Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy."